Office Hours for Registrars is Monday-Friday 6 AM – 4 PM
Fax: 206.835.7926 General Registrars Office Email:
Registrar Supervisor/Leadership Program Manager:
Office: (206) 835-7307 Email:
Registrar - Leadership/Traffic/Misc.
CLC/ICP Program Assistant:
Office: (206) 835-7340 Email:
Registrar - Criminal Investigations/Child Abuse/Defensive Tactics
ELearning Program Assistant:
Office: (206) 835-7376 Email:
CIT Program Administrator
Private Security Program
Office: (206) 835-7346 Email:
To help ease the processing of applications, please use the following guidelines.
- Obtain course information from WSCJTC website. View the appropriate training page
- On course information, click the link to application form as indicated.
- Fill out form and have it signed by Approving Authority at your agency.
- Fill out agency Training Coordinator/Student Email address on the form.
- Fax the signed form to the Registrar's Office at 206.835.7926.
Registrars Office guideline questions and answers are below. These guideline questions and answers do not apply to the Telecommunicator program, please contact Vicki Matthews for further information at
1. My application was faxed to the Registrars Office; how do I know it was received?
- If you are unsure if the Registrars Office received your fax, send an email to
or contact the particular registrar that processes the course to see if it was received. The Registrars Office cannot guarantee that faxes are received correctly even when an “OK” receipt is given on your end, due to unforeseen circumstances that can arise.
2. My application was received, but I have not heard word about my status for a class?
- All classes have acceptance, alternate, or denial emails sent out at least six (6) weeks prior to the class, unless the class has been posted within the six week window. The registrars must have selections done for “first come/first served” courses prior to six weeks before the start of the course. Mandated course selections must be completed by the Program Managers prior to acceptance information being sent out to those who have applied.
3. My application was returned because my agency does not match my records at the WSCJTC.
- Due to the Certification/Decertification process, all applications received that show a person does not work for the agency listed in the records/registration system, cannot be processed. The application will not be processed until records have been updated. If you are unsure of the status of an officer or deputy at your department, please find information and forms in the Certification link on the website.
i. THIS APPLIES TO CERTIFIED PEACE OFFICERS ONLY
ii. RCW 43.101.080 contains the information.
iii. You can contact Sonja Hirsch to find out peace officer status at 206.835.7372 or
4. I emailed an application, was it accepted?
Applications that are emailed are not accepted, but will be processed if they are scanned applications showing an approving authority signature.
5. Why do applications need to have approving signatures?
- The WSCJTC cannot assume a person is approved for a course when an application comes in without an approving signature.
6. I sent in an application, and it was missing the Training Coordinator Email, what happens to it?
- Any application missing a Training Coordinator Email will be sent back until one is provided.
- The Training Coordinator Email is a required part of the authorization to send someone to a course. It is required because student statuses are sent via email only.
7. I have an application form at my department that does not show a section for the Training Coordinator Email.
- Please download the newest application form CJT215 from the Training Course Index , Word Version.
- Any application submitted on an old form will be returned to be put on the correct application form.
8. How do I know a person has been accepted, is an alternate, or denied into a class?
- All status information is sent via email from the registrar processing applications for the said course.
9. Our agency is over 40 miles from the WSCJTC, are lodging and meals provided?
Lodging is provided for the following courses: First Level Supervision, Middle Management, and Executive Leadership. The registrars will email all live-ins prior to the start of the course to make sure they will be utilizing the lodging and meals provided. The WSCJTC does not reimburse agencies or students who choose to stay at a hotel or go off-site for meals. All of the mandated courses held at off-site locations are eligible for lodging and meal reimbursement using the reimbursement form provided by the instructors, and/or program manager, at the time of the course.
10. I am a training manager, or other, and did not receive the status information for my person?
Approving Authority email box is located in section #5, where all training managers, or others, can receive status information. If your email is not listed there, then you will not receive the student status email.
11. My agency needs a record to show that a person attended a training class.
Requests to obtain a record of a person attending a class should be directed to our Public Disclosure Officer, Leanna Bidinger at . The Public Disclosure Request form can be found on our website at: PUBLIC_DISCLOSURE REQUEST DOC
12. I have to cancel someone, but have a substitute for the original applicant?
Substitutions are not allowed, unless it is exigent circumstances. If you have to cancel a person’s application, please fax a new application in for the person that you would like to put into the class.
At this time, classes have had on average at least five applications rejected due to an influx of applications. Course applications are processed on a first come, first serve basis, unless specified by the program manager. Alternates will fill cancellations.
13. I have an acceptance letter that states it must be brought to the first day of class; do I really need to bring it?
Yes. Any course that states that the acceptance letter must be brought to the first day of class must be brought or admittance will not be allowed. Instructors are now checking for letters of acceptance at the check-in of those courses.
14. I held a class at my agency, what do I need to turn in to the WSCJTC?
For Sponsored and Recognized Courses only, please fax in a complete attendance roster (CJTC Form 902) with instructor name, address, and contact information, should any questions or information be needed when the roster is received.
15. I am a Radar/LIDAR instructor and held a class, how do I get cards for my students?
The WSCJTC no longer issues Radar/Lidar Cards. Instructors may request card templates by emailing the registrars office at
16. Am I a mandated or non-mandated applicant?
Course applicant mandated or non-mandated status rules are listed with each specific course description. Please refer to the specific course on the Training Course Index to check on your applicant’s mandated or non-mandated status.
17. Course Fee/No-Show Fee Schedule
a. Below is the course fee/no-show fee information for all ATD courses.
b. Course fees and no-show fees are charged due to processing, scheduling, and course supply ordering. Many courses have excess applications, thus substitutions are not allowed to ensure alternates can take the place of those that have cancelled. When notification is not made to the WSCJTC and alternates are not told to fill in the open slot the course fee or no-show fee will be charged; whichever is greater.
Course has a course fee: Each agency will be billed the course fee for their student(s).
No show for course with a course fee: Agency will be billed course fee, or $50 per day no-show fee, whichever is greater.
No show for course without a course fee: Agency will be billed no-show fee of $25 per day.
Agency cancelled student and made a substitution without notification to WSCJTC resulting in no-show of person on roster for course with a fee: Agency will be billed the course fee for all of their student(s), for failure to notify WSCJTC of cancellation of student(s).
Agency cancelled student and made a substitution without notification to WSCJTC resulting in no-show of person on roster for course without a fee: Agency will be billed $50 per day for no-show of student(s) for failure to notify WSCJTC of cancellation of student(s). No fee will be charged for student(s) that came in as substitutions.
Agency cancelled a student at least 7 business days prior to the start of the course, via email to the registrar: No course fees or no-show fees will be applied.
Agency cancelled a student less than 7 business days prior to the start of the course, via email to the registrar: The course fee or no-show fee will be applied to this cancellation; whichever is greater.
The Development, Training, and Standards Division Registrar's Office has the following information and procedures to provide agencies with smooth processing and handling of applications, answer questions, and more. The Registrars Office refers to “applications” for all registrations and applications.
Application Process Chart: Please view our chart that explains the steps involved when you apply for classes and academies registered by the DTS Division. Download it now in PDF format.
What you will find on this page and other links:
Office Staff Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Course Fee, No-Show Fee Schedule
Return to DTS Home
View Staff Information
*** ALL COURSES REQUIRE CANCELLATIONS AT LEAST 7 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE COURSE. IF CANCELLATIONS ARE LESS THAN 7 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE COURSE, THE COURSE FEE, OR NO-SHOW FEE WILL APPLY FOLLOWING THE SCHEDULE LISTED ABOVE.***